The Life Event that Shaped my Perspective
I know what it is like to be thrown off track by an unexpected life event. When I was 36 years old, fully enjoying my work, I went from being a healthy woman on the rise in her profession to a sick woman who, within 7 months, was demoted because I could no longer effectively juggle my 3 roles at work. (Bookstore manager, training manager and acting district manager).
For many year, Crohn's Disease put a big dent in my sense of confidence and well-being. It took several years of trial and error, but I was eventually able to recover that same sense of purpose and direction I felt as a training manager, through coaching, teaching and writing.
Furthermore, I HAD to figure out how to earn a good living, doing work I love in a way that supports my well-being. It has meant breaking with the traditional rules of business to find my own pathway to success. This is what I offer you.
Since 2001 I have been coaching independent professionals and small business owners, encouraging them to discover their unique pathway to satisfaction and success in business. Capable and professional, they must nonetheless contend with some kind of energetic limitation, whether due to ongoing health issues or simultaneously raising children or being an Introvert in an Extrovert’s world. Most come to me feeling frustrated with their results, overwhelmed by everything there is to do, and disappointed that what should have worked is not working for them. Many people think they need to do more. I say no, less! I encourage business owners to shed their “should do” thinking so they can hone in on what will actually work. It’s such a joy to watch when it turns around.
My first coaching clients were professionals who wanted to transition out of the corporate world. The coaching worked so well, they decided to stay at their jobs! Then I noticed something interesting; more and more inquiries came from independent business owners who were having trouble getting traction in their business. They were overwhelmed by all there was to do, and many did not know how to effectively market their services. They were passionate about their work but they were not natural business people.
I could relate! I worked through the same issues myself.
Projects and Affiliations
Coaching created a variety of opportunities to work with various organizations. They include:
- Living Your Design Guide, 2014 to present
- Guest Blogger: RARE Daily, The Employment Plan and Adapting to Limitations, 2014 to present
- Volunteer, Pilot Small Business Mentoring Program, Green America, 2010-2011
- Director of Training and Licensing, Get Clients Now! ™ 2005-2009
- President, Orange County Chapter of the International Coach Federation, 2004
- Leadership Team, Orange County Chapter of the International Coach Federation, 2002-2006
- Certified Work Less, Make More (R) Coach, 2001 – 2004
- Volunteer Coach, Working Wardrobes, Career guidance for teens in the Orange County, CA foster care system, 2002