Since 2001 I have been coaching independent professionals and small business owners, encouraging them to discover their unique pathway to satisfaction and success in their endeavors. I specialize in serving Introverts, entrepreneurial parents and those you are running a business while dealing with some kind of underlying health condition. In different ways, all have to deal with energetic sensitivities and time constraints that must be accounted for.
- An Introvert isn't going to succeed using the same approaches that an extrovert might.
- Business owners with school-aged children must account for family commitments in their business planning.
- Someone with a chronic health condition is going to be negatively impacted if they push themselves beyond capacity.
These seeming limitations require you to be creative in your approach to your business. You must answer the question: How CAN this work?
A Creative, Collaborative Listener
If you’re looking for someone who understands the challenges of balancing your business life while dealing your personal … situation, Joan is the person whose wise counsel you need. Not only does she understand, she communicates hope and success. ~ Terri Williams
My background includes 30-plus years engaged in personal and professional development, business administration and management, health benefits, human resources and career development. I used to be embarrassed by my apparent inability to identify one career path and stick to it ... until I realized that being "a Joan of all trades" equips me to understand a variety of business functions - and types of services - that the people I coach have to deal with. My business experiences include retail bookstore management, financial coaching, employee benefits, personnel management, staff training and development, and small business ownership.
Your brilliance is your compassion and the gentle way you ask insightful questions that help me find the answers to my dilemmas. You are wise in the ways of the heart and when one is ready to follow their heart's path they will find you as a mentor they are searching for. You are one who knows how to combine passion with the practical suggestions in a unique way that meet the essential components of a breakthrough....You have always had great suggestions to help me feel more secure in my transitions from my old reality to my new reality. ~ Kay Walburger, Play n Prosper Network
Business from Bed: the 6-Step Comeback Plan to Get Yourself Working after a Health Crisis
(Demos Health, 2012)
For those recovering from a health crisis, or adjusting to life with a chronic disease, health comes first but your professional life doesn’t have to suffer. It might take some period of trial and error to figure it out, but it you can. The 6-step comeback plan in Business from Bed is designed to help you successfully integrate emotional, social, and physical healing with the practical aspects of rebuilding a business or career.
“Your kind heart and radiating soul is such a gift in my life. It was a gift crossing paths with you.”
~ R.T., Business from Bed reader
Projects, Education and Affiliations
- Arizona Humane Society Volunteer, 2018
- Guest Blogger: RARE Daily, The Employment Plan and Adapting to Limitations, 2014 to 2017
- Certified Living Your Design Guide: Education, Training and Certification, 2010-2017
- Volunteer, Pilot Small Business Mentoring Program, Green America, 2010-2011
- Director of Training and Licensing, Get Clients Now! ™ 2005-2009
- President, Orange County Chapter of the International Coach Federation, 2004
- Leadership Team, Orange County Chapter of the International Coach Federation, 2002-2006
- Graduate, Corporate Coach University, 2005
- Volunteer Coach, Working Wardrobes, Career guidance for teens in the Orange County, CA foster care system, 2002
- Certified Work Less, Make More (R) Coach, 2001