When busyness is the norm and you're the one in charge, it's easy to lose sight of what is really important. I don't say this lightly; I know how easy it is to get caught up in the inconsequential.
The 80/20 rule reminds us that only 20% of what most of us do actually matters. That's a hard idea to swallow. The question is, what 20% and how can we increase the percentage of time we spend there. For this question, I want to look at the talent question. What difference would it make if you were to integrate your unique talents into at least 20% of your business day, if not more? Why does it pay to know what your core competencies are? Following are the 10 reasons I've come up with:
- Know your gifts, love who you are.
- Well-used talents translate into kick-ass business projects.
- When you spend 2 or more hours a day in passion work it feels like play.
- Talents = happy human. Happy human = increased oxygen in cells. Increased oxygen in cells = greater potential for health and healing. Breathe!
- Forget a facelift. When you utilize your gifts you light you the world.
- Knowing what makes you unique does wonders for your self-confidence.
- Make your talents a priority; get lost in happiness.
- A lot can be taken away from you, but not your talents.
- Achieved excellence; work around your strengths
- Why not? Really, why not?