Business from Bed: The 6-Step Comeback Plan to Get Yourself Working Again After a Health Crisis
(Demos Health, December, 2012)
When you’re recovering from a medical crises, or adjusting to life with a chronic illness, the work-life equation - which used to seem clearer, anyway - no longer works quite the same way. Your body has a demand for you: Health comes first. Yet, your professional life doesn't have to suffer, at least not forever. Life has presented you with an opportunity, if you accept the challenge.
Joan Friedlander, herself diagnosed with a chronic illness, knows this personally and can show you how to get back in the game, whether you’re a self-employed entrepreneur, a small business owner, or re-entering the traditional job market.
The 6-step comeback plan in Business from Bed is designed to help you successfully integrate emotional, social, and physical healing with the practical aspects of rebuilding a business or career and getting back to work.
“I gobbled up your new book, “Business from Bed.” It is extraordinary. Others describe the dark struggle of life with chronic illness. You lead a clear path out of the woods. Congratulations on a book that will be a real benefit to millions of people.”
— Nedi Safa, Singer and Songwriter
Who is This For?
Women & Men
- On the recovery side of a prolonged health crisis - theirs or someone else's
- Or are adjusting to life after a recently diagnosed chronic disease
- And are frustrated because their bodies just won't cooperate!
With Business from Bed, you’ll learn how to:
- Let go of what used to be so you can make room for what is possible now
- Recover your sense of your inherent value
- Evaluate options for earning a living doing work you enjoy
- Set your OWN pace and identify YOUR priorities
- Talk to clients, bosses, and co-workers about your health, as needed
- Balance physical, mental, and professional well-being
Here are the 6-Steps in the Comeback Plan
- Beyond Survival, Rising from the Ashes
- Embrace the New Normal
- Back to Business Under "New Management"
- Recruit and Request - Ask for Help
- Slow Down, Don't Move too Fast
- Build Capacity, Organize for Success
Steps 1, 2 and 5 guide the reader to remain mindful and patient as they experience the normal ebb and flow of physical, mental and emotional recovery. The reader finds that steps 3, 4 and 6 assist with the practical and tactical aspects of rebuilding a business, or preparing to go back into the mainstream of the job market.
You Can Order Business from Bed now
What People Have Said about Business from Bed
Joan provides a comprehensive, yet simple; step by step plan to navigate through a health crisis by integrating both emotional and physical healing. Her approach is practical, kind, and ultimately very human.
~ Dr. Crystal Frazee, PT CrystalFrazee.com
Business From Bed shares many inspiring stories of people with health issues finding creative ways to reinvent their work persona. But it goes much further then just sharing stories... This book is not just for those with health issues but is equally valuable for anyone who has is faced with a major change in their career. Great coaching Joan!
~ Doug Gfeller, MCC, The Coaching Perspective
Joan Friedlander's is a powerful voice to motivate individuals working with health challenges. Business from Bed - A MUST HAVE for all life coaches and health care professionals working interdependently with others.
~ Sheila Dameron-Dixon, Women Building & Investing in Success