Focus on What's Most Important, Profit from What you Do Best
with the Simple One-Page Visual Life and Workflow Planner (tm)
Do any of the following describe your challenges?
- The time and energy available for your work are limited because your personal life requires almost as much attention as your business ...
- For sure you love working from your home office, but the freedom - and distractions - make it challenging to stay focused ...
- You are secretly afraid you'll have to get J.O.B. if things don't get better soon ...
- You're not sure what to do when because there are more things to do than you seem to have time for...
- You need to make more money but wonder if that's possible given your time and energy constraints ...
- You seem to get to everything and everyone else in your life except your priorities!
You're not alone:
I have been working directly with independent service providers, managers and small business teams since early 2001. Universally, my clients are dedicated service providers with a clear vision for the difference they want to make in the world. They are equally committed to their personal priorities - health, family and self-care - and the 2 priorities often seem to be in conflict. They wish with all their heart that they could accomplish more of work they actually set out to do than they often end up doing.
This fast pace world we live can be exhausting, especially for those who are introverted by nature. If you don't know what your true priorities are, or you are having difficulty sticking with them, your tailor-made one-page Visual Life and Workflow Planner™ (VLWP) will give you the means to cut out everything that doesn't matter, and more easily stay engaged where you need to be engaged, and when.
Your Visual Life and Workflow Planner will quickly focus your attention on what you can and must do. It offers a visual image, an imprint of sorts, that enables you to more easily accomplish your high priority projects during the time available. And, it's not only about business. It reflects all the priorities in your life. You are, after all, a whole being.
Why Would You Need This?
- Do you regularly work more than 50 hours a week?
- Are you on the other side of the spectrum, limited in the time available for work due to children's schedules, health issues, or because your own reserves are limited?
- Do you frequently postpone working on your most important projects?
- Are you so busy that you've forgotten what you like to do for fun? Self care? Yeah, right ...
- Do you sometimes end your day wondering where the time went, and why you're not feeling more productive (successful or satisfied)?
Just 5 Steps from Overwhelmed to Effective...
I've created a Workbook to accompany this 4-6 week targeted coaching program. It shows you, step-by-step, how to develop your custom Visual Life and Workflow Plan so that you are confident about how you allocate your time and energy in order to optimize capacity and improve results. In addition, you'll integrate much-needed time off in order to recharge your batteries, making it easier to tend to your health and well-being without compromising your success.
Here's what happened for one client:
Mary has a typically strong work ethic and customer service focus that was, nonetheless, getting in her way. She is a successful mortgage loan officer who believed that if she slowed down she’d become lazy, lose clients and just stop working all together. She sincerely believed that if she didn’t make herself available to her clients at all hours of the day by phone, cell phone and email they’d go elsewhere. To top it all off, she had high standards and was a perfectionist who didn’t trust others to do as the job as well as she did.
We tackled one challenge at a time and within a few months she stopped reacting to external cues (phones and deadlines), and became more organized and confident about what she said "yes" to and what she said "no" to. As a result, she was able to allocate a couple of hours every week to marketing activities geared towards a new client base (commercial loans), and take off one afternoon a week to care for her newborn grandson. She even learned how to off-load some of the work she really had no business doing to someone in the office, thus freeing up more of her time. She stopped engaging in volunteer activities that were draining her energy and not adding to her bottom line.
By the end of our work together, Mary doubled her monthly income, successfully transitioned into construction lending, and brought her husband into the business. Consequently, she was able to allocate more personal resources to her strength-based activities, while she showed her husband how to conduct the business activities that made the most of his strengths. It wasn’t always easy for her, but she became much more relaxed about the future and has stopped doing it all alone.
This is not a one-size fits all workflow plan. This is a scheduling and planning routine that we create together to fit your business and personal priorities. The beauty of this? Your VLWP is dynamic in nature. As your priorities change you can easily adjust the plan to fit your updated priorities, everything from new income goals to business expansion to new life events.
- Learn why it is important to consistently engage your most favored skills/talents in your daily business life.
- Determine your essential role(s) in the business.
- Make sure that you accurately account for your personal commitments when making business plans.
- Work in sync with the natural ebb and flow of your energy on a typical day.
Joan, I love it! Your workbook is well-written, easy to follow, and incredibly useful to any overworked entrepreneur. I will be honored to recommend it to my clients and site visitors. ~ C.J. Hayden, MCC, author of Get Clients Now!
Each morning, while having my breakfast cereal, I read the chapters and did the worksheets. It was quiet, the phones hadn't started ringing and I didn't have to be at the computer (in a "work" mode), so it was a totally relaxing and productive time. This morning, I developed my Visual Life and Workflow Plan. ~ Peggy Ridgway, Wordpix.com, CA
I can’t say enough good things about Joan and her Visual Life and Workflow Planner. As a Coach and Sole Proprietor, [this] is the only tool I’ve found that allowed me to organize all my business and personal life activities to increase my productivity and results. Thank you for your follow up and awesome calendar! Mike Brenhaug, BlueRock Coaching, CA
A Targeted Coaching Program
Here's what you get with this targeted coaching engagement:
- A 60 page workbook (ebook), which includes sample Planners from a variety of owners
- 3 strategy meetings with Joan
- 75-minute launch session
- 45-minute follow up meeting to review your VLWP
- 30-minute one-month follow up meeting after you've started to implement the plan so we can review anything that seems to have missed the mark
- Instructions about what to read and how to prepare for each meeting
- Joan's review of your draft Master Planning Schedule